The team at noah are a little (very) obsessed with all things baking and Bake Off, and we have whipped up a few quick recipes inspired by this Stand Up To Cancer season, for you to make just in time for the next episode!
This season is all about ‘raising life-saving dough’, so be sure to get your friends and family involved for a good cause, whether that is a virtual bake-along or even a baking themed quiz. If you would like to get involved you can get your free fundraising kit here, which includes everything you need to get started on your baking fundraiser.
The first episode had us all drooling for some Millionaire Shortbread, so naturally we had to recreate it, noah style. We’ve tried, tested and tasted the recipe for you, now it's your turn!
- Shortbread biscuits (250g)
- Dark brown soft sugar (150g)
- Butter (200g)
- Condensed milk (400g)
- Dark chocolate (200g)
- White chocolate (55g)
- Mix 50g of melted butter with crushed biscuits.
- Press mixture into the base of your tin & chill for 10 minutes.
- Gently heat sugar & 150g of butter until melted.
- Mix in condensed milk, bring to a boil & stir until thick.
- Pour over base and chill until set.
- Melt chocolate in separate bowls and pour over the base.
- Chill in the fridge until set.
Yep, it’s that easy & it tastes even better 🤤 Next up episode two reminded us, balance is everything, so let’s get savoury.
- self-raising flour (225g)
- A dash of salt and pepper
- Baking powder (1tsp)
- Butter (55g)
- Milk (100ml)
- Cheddar cheese (120g)
- Preheat the oven to 200C, cut butter into cubes and grate cheese.
- Mix salt, pepper, baking powder and sift flour into a bowl until combined.
- Combine butter with the mixture with your fingertips to make breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle cheese into the mixture and combine until evenly distributed.
- Make a well and pour milk to make a soft but firm dough. (PS. don’t pour all at once)
- Roll out dough and cut out scones, glaze lightly with milk and sprinkle remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
Perfecting this recipe was the yeast we could do, and we sure did. Don’t forget to tag us on the gram for any recreated recipes we’d love to see your noah inspired creations!